As a realtor, you work closely with your clients to make sure everything goes smoothly from the minute they contact you about buying or selling a house until they sign all the paperwork at the mortgage closing. But how do you maintain a professional relationship with clients after the closing so that the next time they need a realtor, they contact you first? Here are five ways to connect with clients, soon after the closing and months later, so that they think of you the next time they, friends, or family members need a realtor.
- Call Soon after the Mortgage Closing If you do not attend the mortgage closing in person, call your clients later the same day or the next day to determine whether everything happened according to their expectations. This shows that you care beyond getting your commission and make you aware of any issues that arose so these can be avoided in the future.
- Give a Memorable Gift If you’re like many realtors, you deliver or send a gift to your buyers and sellers soon after the closing. For the buyers, it’s customary to give them a housewarming gift to celebrate their new home. Instead of providing a bottle of champagne or gift certificate to a home goods store, they offer them something that they will keep for a long time. How about a decorative fruit bowl, a nice piece of cookware, or a set of coffee mugs? These are items that will remind them of you every time they see or use them.
- Send a Feedback Survey Soon after each closing, follow up with your clients to get valuable feedback. Not only will you gain insights about what you’re doing right and ways you can improve, but this lets the clients know that you care about their experience and want it to be the best it can be every time. Surveys can be done via mail, email, or online applications that let you easily create and send surveys over the Internet.
- Send Emails and Newsletters After each closing, be sure the client is added to your email marketing list so that they get any regular emails you send. Try to make sure these emails contain helpful information such as general information about your area that would interest new residents, decorating or ideas for DIY projects for new homebuyers, or housing statistics for the area so that residents can keep up with the value of their home and housing trends where they live. You may also want to send your past client’s newsletters in the mail, but consider doing this less frequently than emails, perhaps quarterly rather than monthly, as some clients may get tired of getting unsolicited mail that they eventually have to discard too often.
- Mail Cards on Special Occasions Personalized cards can be more effective than impersonal emails and newsletters, especially if you send them to mark special occasions, such as birthdays, wedding anniversaries, or the anniversaries of when they moved into their new homes. Your past clients will appreciate your thoughtfulness and might remember you and the personalized attention you gave them when they or someone they know needs a realtor.
A Better Way to Close with BNN Services
Since 2008, BNN Services has been trusted by title agencies, mortgage lenders, servicers, and consumers to perform loan and document signings in multiple languages across the country.
Unlike other signing services, BNN Services “touches” every file 8 or 9 times to ensure the process moves forward free of delays. That’s why we’ve completed over 250,000 signings in all 51 jurisdictions and maintained a closing ratio of 96 percent.
Ready to experience the BNN Services difference? Get started today!